India has so many beautiful places to be visited. Good thing is that every state is blessed with a beautiful hilltop. Today, I’m talking about my experience on my trip to Nainital. If you are Planning a Trip to Nainital than this article is for you.
Planning a Trip to Nainital
This hill station is located at the foothills of Kumaon in Uttarakhand. The route is not so elevating and deep like Shimla etc. and it offers similar pleasure to the visitors. Surrounded by the so many lakes and hence named as the city of lakes.
This is the only hill station close to my city. I’ve visited this place while I was in college. I accompanied my sister on her college trip after requesting her principal. I know it’s not easy for many to join other gathering but I’m quite a friendly person and adjust myself in every surrounding.
Our trip begins via Bus from Lakhimpur to Nanakmatta to Haldwani to Nainital. We started our journey in the afternoon and reached the city around 11:00 pm.
We stop at beautiful Gurudwara Nanakmatta which add spiritual and peace to our journey.
I was a little sad about arriving the city late night as all the beautiful view would be missing. Next moment when we entered the hill range the beautiful view of lights glittering through houses across the hill demise my pain.
I feel like Alice in Wonderland. Trust me whenever you have been to any hilly area never miss a walk down the Mall road during the night. This will definitely rejuvenate you.
Must-visit spots in Nainital
We stayed in a lounge where several others groups are also present. The water is chill to give you enough bath time goals, just joking.
Next day we all wake up and started our trip. On reaching the town we have hired a taxi to take us on a tour of all the famous spots of the city.
- Lovers and Suicide Point: These are the two spots situated near to the city of lakes. The offer scenic and spectacular view to the visitors. If you are love than you should visit both Lovers and Suicide Point.
And if have a heartbreak ignore the later one, just joking. The suicide point is famous as many couples have ended their life by jumping from here, sounds scary one. We visited these points via car and really enjoyed the view. And the one thing that makes me happy, that I’ve eaten one of the best-tasted momos over here.
- TIFFIN TOP: Situated at a distance of 4 km from the city. and makes for a wonderful trek. This place provides a panoramic view of the Himalayas, with white clouds, high peaks, green belt zone, and wonderful weather. A stone perch called Dorothy’s Seat is also situated here.
- Snow View Point: This beautiful is situated on the hilltop. This is an old tourist favorite spots because of its beautiful views, especially during winters. It’s situated 2.5 km from the town.
You can reach here either via an aerial ropeway or taxi. Though we reached in rush hours we don’t get a ticket of the ropeway. We’ve found an amusement park accompanied by delightful Maggie, which is icing on the cake.
- Naini Lake: In the afternoon we reached back to the city and take the boating ride of Naini Lake. This is located in the heart of the city. This viable lake is a favorite tourist attraction and none miss a boating. We have taken a ride which is so calm, soulful that brings peace to our mind.
- Visit The Market: Tibetan Market also known as Bhotia market where you could get some good bags, shoes, and clothes at affordable prices if you are good at bargaining.
Things to do at Nainital
- Boating: Naini Lake provides a perfect opportunity to enjoy boating.
- Wildlife Sighting: You can take a short trip to the Jim Corbett National Park to take a wildlife tour. We have skipped this though.
- Trekking: There are various popular trails that you can choose from, like Nainital Binayak Trek, Snow View Trek etc.
- Nature Walks: Never miss a visit to Tiffin top and snow viewpoint, lovers and Suicide Point.
- Shopping at Tibetan Market
- Sweets: Don’t miss to takeaway Bal Mithai from Nainital with you.
How to get and book best affordable hotels?
You can book the rooms in advance online via various websites.
How to Reach Nainital?
- By Air: Pantnagar (70 km).
- By Road: It’s well connected to major cities via roads like Delhi (310 km), and Haldwani (40 km).
- By Rail: Kathgodam (35 km) which is the nearby railway station.
Best time to visit:
Though you can visit this place in any season, winter, summers or rainy. If you want to see the panoramic Himalayas than you should come in winters. Otherwise, summers see the most tourist visits during the year.
Peak Season: April-June
After our visit to the market, we come back to our lounge. We have lunch in a local restaurant, which we don’t like at all. Next day morning we are back to our city. Ideally, you can take a short visit to this city for 2-3 days. Have you visited this city before? do share your experience.
‘I am taking my Alexa rank to the next level with Blogchatter’
Disclosure: The views expressed in the blog content are independent and unbiased views of solely the blogger.
DISCLAIMER: The content in this post is purely meant for educational purpose only and not to be substituted for professional advice.