I love dips or chutneys be it cooking with oil or just blend up in mixer . This Coconut Onion Tomato Gourmet Dip is a perfect blend of spices. One of the key difference in this is the SPRIG Gourmet Spice Blends – Tangier powder . Yes I have used Tangier powder instead of chillies. This Dip really goes well with most south Indian dishes. This is very Simple to make.
Coconut Onion Tomato Gourmet Dip Recipe
Coconut Onion Tomato Gourmet Dip is mildly sweet because of the roasted onions and you can turn up the heat as much as you want or keep it low and mild, entirely up to you.
Recipe Name –Coconut Onion Tomato Dip
- Big Onion – 1/2 cup
- Tomatoes – 1
- Bengal gram dhal – 1.5 tablespoon
- Grated Coconut – 1/4 cup
- SPRIG Gourmet Spice Blends – Tangier powder – 1 to 1.5 teaspoon
- Salt to tasteCurry leaves – 10
- Oil – 3 teaspoon
- Mustard seeds – 1/4 teaspoon
- Urad dhal – 1 teaspoon
- Heat 2 teaspoon of oil. Add bengal gram dhal and fry till brown in color.
- Add onion fry till transparent.
- Add coconut and fry for a min. Add SPRIG Gourmet Spice Blends – Tangierpowder and fry for 1 min.
- Add tomatoes & Fry till tomatoes become soft. Switch it off and let it cool down
- Grind it to smooth paste.
- Heat pan and add rest of the oil. Add mustard seeds let it pop. Add urad dhal and curry leaves. Fry till dhals are brown in color. Add seasoning to the Dip or chutney.
- Serve it with idli , dosa , pizza , pasta.