Brinjal Hummus Recipe with sesame oil dressing is my absolute favorite hummus recipe of the moment. This is also known as Roasted Eggplant Hummus. If you are an Eggplant lover, This recipe is for you. And If you aren’t a big eggplant lover this may be your gateway recipe.
It’s creamy, garlicky, and has a hint of spice that takes it to a whole new level.
Roasted eggplant also gives this hummus a lovely smokey flavor and the addition of the special Ingredient I will be using SPRIG Toasted Sesame Oil ties this whole dip together.
Grab your favorite crackers and veggies and dip away!
Brinjal Hummus Recipe with sesame oil dressing
- 2 Eggplant or Brinjal (Roasted on Stove& skin peeled)
- 4-5 garlic cloves
- 1 tbsp sesame oil, plus extra for topping
- 1 cup curd
- 1 tsp cumin powder
- 2 Tbsp lemon juice
- Salt to taste
- In a food processor or blender, mix Roasted Brinjal, garlic, and pulse until smooth.
- Add the sesame oil, curd, cumin powder, and salt, and blend again until smooth.
- Transfer to a bowl, and add the lemon juice. Mix well and check to a season.
- Garnish hummus with red chili powder and fresh basil leaves. Serve with pita bread.
This post is in collaboration with Sprig for a Review post on Facebook, however, the views are personal. Sprig promote Authentic & the finest gourmet ingredients that compliment Everyday living.