Being a girl child I’m very lucky that my family has supported me throughout in my career. I’ve got higher education as well as digital exposure that keeps me updated in the hi-tech world. The first time I got exposure to a computer in the 6th standard where I get to learn basic computer skills. Life without PC is dull for me. The moment I learn to use computers, my interest starts developing in studies. I love implementing and increasing my knowledge via Google.
Give wings to your passion with Dell – AaoKare #PCseShuruaat (Vaishnavi, Agra)
Though many people are not tech savvy because they don’t have access to digital facilities especially in small cities, a study says that PC penetration in rural India is still in single digits less than 10%. 50% of the population is under 25 years, and it will become worlds youngest country by 2020.
Our Future Begins what we do today
Our education system focuses more on learning than execution. The PC adds the fun element to education. In the metros, kids get exposure to PC, but in smaller towns or financially challenged section kids access to PC is not possible. The biggest challenge that the country faces today regarding education is reaching out to 250 million children that’s a considerable number.
How Dell Aarambh – PC for Education initiative is boosting Digital literacy In India
How do we prepare a country with so full of opportunity? How do we make them future ready for a digital economy going forward? Approaching PC education on a large scale is a big task, and here technology will play an important role.
Give wings to your passion with Dell – AaoKare #PCseShuruaat (Rishabh, Jodhpur)
Dell Aarambh is here to support Digital Economy by giving the platform to students, parents, and teachers from small towns. It’s a pan India initiative aimed to digitized India by spreading the use of the personal computer (PC) for education. The aim is to reach 1 million students and 100,000 teachers across 5,000 schools in 75 cities in India. The three key audiences will students, teachers and parents, they will learn the importance of personal computer technology for studies and builds confidence.
What have been the barriers that are stopping consumers from buying a PC? It’s because they know the utility of tech products like Fridge, Mixer, smartphone, etc. It’s not that we can’t afford a PC, but we are not aware of the utility of a PC? Or what I can do with a PC? Hence most of the families feel they don’t need one.
Teachers feel that PCs make teaching attractive. It also gives a more practical approach towards education and makes it livelier, easy to understand and tech-savvy. They can access learning resources anywhere, anytime or track a student’s progress.
As a teacher, once you started believing that it’s an excellent tool for education, then it becomes easy to find a way to influence parents about the importance of PC. As a parent, I welcome this initiative with an open heart. For education, it becomes the need that the child gets the same support from parents. It’s only possible when parents get to know the importance of technology. Through Dell Aarambh they can help kids in their studies.
Digital India program is to transform India into a digitally empowered society and a knowledge economy. Only 10% of the country population is contributing in IT and the remaining 90% left untouched. Dell Aarambh supports the government’s#DigitalIndiainitiative with a focus on personal computers, improving the lives of people.
Most of us are unaware of the importance of technology. In today’s time, the knowledge of computers becomes a necessity in every field likes schools, offices etc. So what are you waiting for? Take some time to map out the skills your child needs and help them be “future ready” with a PC!