Motherhood brings lots of responsibility. One of the most important duty is breastfeeding your baby. Breastfeeding can be tough especially during initial days of delivery or due to health issues or if you are a working mom. To eases, this process breast pump comes in handy. Let’s explore the 5 Things You Need To Know Before Buying A Breast Pump.
One thing I want to clear plenty of mothers breastfeeds without ever using a breast pump. But breast pump plays an important role in the life of breastfeeding moms. Especially if you can’t feed your baby directly due to some reasons. And in order to reach your breastfeeding goal, you start searching for available possibilities. One of the options is to opt for a breast pump.
5 Things You Need To Know Before Buying A Breast Pump
The moment you decide to buy a breast pump, lots of questions starts running on your mind. There are a lot of moms who need helps in buying their breast pump. So I thought to summarize 5 Things You Need To Know Before Buying A Breast Pump.
1) What’s the type of breast pump I need?
The most important thing, if you don’t need a breast pump than it’s perfectly fine. Women have breastfed without pumps for many years.
If you plan to use a breast pump, it’s important to know about the types of pumps and how to use them. There are 4 main types of breast pumps.
- Manual: These pumps are hand-operated. Though the end result is the same as an electric pump it involves lots of labor and time-consuming.
- Single electric: These pumps are electric and pump one breast at a time.
- Double electric: Also operated by an electric motor but can pump both breasts at the same time.
- Hospital-grade: They have a bigger motor and pump more efficiently usually used in a hospital setup.
So from the above options, an electric breast pump can be a good option for you.
2) Check the accessories
If you are going to use breast pump regularly make sure your electric breast pump has some accessories to make pumping easier and less stressful. You can check R for Rabbit First Feed Delight Electric Breast Pump. This electric breast pump comes with many features and accessories to support the pumping:
- These breast pumps are designed to meet the highest safety standards. They smoothen and eases the breastfeeding process. The material is BPA Free which makes it safe to use.
- Dual Mode: A breast pump should have Massage Mode to stimulate mother’s milk flow like R for Rabbit breast pump. It has 15 different level of Suction Mode to increase or decrease the suction power as per your need. It also has 3 levels of frequency for suction to make your comfortable.
- Anti-Back Flow System makes it safe to use and operates on 1.5s Bionic Frequency
- Easy to use & Compact design: You don’t need to lean forward. This pump is easily operable while sitting in a straight posture. It’s handy and lightweight which makes it easy to carry while traveling.
- Intelligent Touch Control to adjust the suction power with a touch of your fingertip.
It’s available at Amazon at 3,996 INR
3) When should I start pumping?
You can start pumping anytime even after a few hours of your delivery after consulting your doctor. Though in starting you won’t get a lot of milk. Since the milk is thicker at that time. So don’t get frustrated if you don’t get enough milk. After two to three weeks, your milk supply should be more abundant and easier to pump.
4) Always wash breast pump after every use
Yes, washing your breast pump is just maintain the health of you and your baby. Though it’s recommended to store your milk in a refrigerator while at work.
5) It’ll take time to master a breast pump
You’ll soon develop of habit Pumping with continuous use of breast pump. Once you are used to settings and your comfortable method, things become easier.
If you’re for sure planning to use breast pump post delivery, then buying a breast pump ahead of time is definitely something you can do.