Spinach Pie Recipe is a pie with spinach filling. Spinach is the powerhouse of energy, richest source of iron, loaded with vitamins and mineral. It store many health benefits. It must be included in our weekly menu. It can be used in various forms like spinach patties, Puri, soups, tarts apart from the long list of traditional dishes. The best part is that cooking in this form kid can eat it easily & with love. Here I am sharing Spinach Pie Recipe that can be made in any designs.
Spinach Pie Recipe
- Spinach leaves (palak) 250gms
- Refined flour (maida) 2½ cups
- Salt to taste
- Olive oil 3tbsp
- Garlic cloves 2
- Onion finely chopped 1 medium
- black pepper powder 1 teaspoon
- green cardamom powder 1/2 teaspoon
- Walnuts chopped 1 tablespoon
- Juice of 1/3 lemon
- Mango Chilli sauce for garnish
Spinach Pie Recipe- Method
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- Combine refined flour, 1 tsp salt and olive oil in a bowl. Add sufficient water and knead into a semi-soft dough. Set aside.
- Heat 1 tbsp oil in a non-stick pan. Crush garlic cloves, add and sauté for a while.
- Add onion and salt, mix and sauté until onion is lightly browned.Add pepper powder, cardamom powder, mix well and sauté well. Add spinach, toss and cook.
- Add walnuts, mix well and cook until the spinach wilts and is fully cooked.
- Add lemon juice and mix well and cook for a minute.Transfer the cooked spinach mixture to a plate and cool to room temperature.
- Dust the dough with little flour and roll out into a large thin sheet. Cut round discs
- Apply little oil on the edges of discs. Place a spoonful of spinach mixture in the center, bring in the edges, pinch and seal up the edges.
- Place the pie shots on the baking tray, brush with little oil and put in the preheated oven. Bake for 15-20 minutes.
- Remove from heat and place the pies on a serving dish. Garnish with a mango chili sauce and serve hot.
- Calories: 2134
- Carbohydrates: 1876
- Protein: 224
- Fat: 104.9