What are Nuts and Health Benefits??
A nut is a fruit composed of a hard shell and a seed, which is generally edible. Nuts nutrition loaded with excellent source of energy, protein, packed with antioxidants, vitamins, minerals and much discussed omega-3 fatty acids, nuts have it all!. This is about Nuts and Health Benefits. In this article I will talk about some nuts , their daily requirement and healthy impact on our body .
Crunchy yet buttery, wonderfully delicious nuts are wonderful gifts to humankind from the mother nature.Just munch a handful of edible nuts or your choice and you will be doing more than good to keep yourself healthy and stay fit!
Easy to have !!
- You can carry them along with you wherever you go!
- There is no need of special containers or carry boxes.
- They have long a shelf life. Unlike fruits and vegetables, nuts are not easily perishable!
- You can enjoy them whenever you like! wherever you want! Nothing to worry about preparation, in fact, nuts hardly need a kitchen!
Almonds are rich in monounsaturated fatty acids that have a heart-protective role and are excellent for your brain and skin health . Almonds are also rich in vitamin E , magnesium and potassium which helps in maintaining normal blood pressure , improve blood circulation and maintain healthy heart function . Trace minerals like copper and manganese also plays an important role in health.
Daily Required dose : Eat in small quantities ( 4-7 pieces) daily to. Get whole health benefits of almonds
- Walnuts are excellent sources of vitamin E in a form that is unusual to find – gamma tocopherol. It has a major cardio protective role . Along with great taste and health benefits, they are sources of monounsaturated fats and omega-3 fatty acids. Most of us remove the outer layer of the shelled walnut- the flake , waxy , whitish part which sometimes tastes bitter. But hold on , skip this habits of yours and don’t remove the layer , as research shows that 90 percent of the antioxidants including the phenolic acids , tannins and flavonoids are found in the skin only. So resist your urge to remove it.
Daily Required dose : Eat them with salad, dessert or like popcorn 3-4 halves a day .
- Dates Incredibly delicious, packed with list of essential nutrients , vitamins , minerals required for normal human growth & overall well being dates makes an excellent super food . Loaded with simple sugars like fructose and dextrose easily available and good way to start your day and boost for body metabolism .
Daily Required dose : 1-2 medium sized dates daily . Avoid over indulgence.
- Pistachios are evergreen nuts that one can’t easily resist. They provide strength , immunity , and maintain body metabolism. Pistachios contains more protein in comparison to other nuts The fat content being the lowest among them . Rich in oleic acid , carotene and vitamin E .
Daily Required dose : Eat it in smaller proportions not more that 20 grams a day . Avoid salted flavoured pistachios