Stuffy nose of our little ones always makes us restless. Though cold is accompanied with many symptoms, the moment they prone to nasal congestion, it takes away our sleep. We adults can easily clean the nasal passage and overcome nasal congestion. The toddlers and infants are too young for these tricks. We always want a Solution For baby Stuffy Nose.
According to the American Academy of Paediatrics, never use a medicine for cold on kids who are less than 4 years old without a pediatrician’s consultation.
What are the symptoms of Nasal Congestion?
These are some symptoms that I’d noticed during Nasal Congestion:
- Sleep Deprivation: Nasal Congestion doesn’t allow my child to sleep peacefully, which leads to sleep deprivation and she starts feeling drowsy
- Crankiness: Nasal Congestion brings discomfort and makes her extremely cranky.
- Disturbed eating habits: Because of nasal congestion, she always avoids food due to difficulty in eating
- Obligatory nose breathers: Babies during the first few months are obligatory nose breathers, and they find difficulty in breathing during nasal congestion.
What is the Solution For baby Stuffy Nose?
Cold and flu are caused by virus infections, so supportive symptoms only add up. I’ve tried some basic measures that relieve nasal congestion (Solution For baby Stuffy Nose), they are:
- Clear Out Mucus
- I’ve made use of an aspirator to remove mucus from my baby’s nose.
- I’ve made her learn how to blow her nose regularly
- Give Fluids
- Fluids are easy to drink during nasal congestion. It’s advised to offer drinks that kids usually drink.
- Add Moisture
- Use nasal drops to moisten the nasal passages. Upon my paediatrician’s consultation, I use Nasivison (Mini) Baby Nose drops during nasal congestion for my child. I use 1 drop into each nostril 2 times a day. This not only subsides the symptoms of nasal congestion but also induces sound sleep and eases her feeding routine.
- How to use nasal drops
Lay down your child on their back using a towel roll. Drop 1-2 drops of the nasal drops into each nostril. This will thin the mucus causing the nasal congestion. Keep your child still for about a minute after applying the nasal drop. Never use a nasal drop more for than 8 consecutive days. It’s recommended to consult a paediatrician before using any medication.
Nasivion Nasal Saline Solution is the first line of treatment, as it is safe and can be used by anyone. If the problem is aggravated then after consulting the doctor, one can opt for Nasivion (Mini) Baby Nose Drops or Nasivion Paediatric (Child) Nose drops depending on the age of their child.
Happy Nose Happy Mom. To know more about Nasivion’s Kids and Babies range, visit: https://www.nasivion.com/en_IN/home/kids-babies.html
Disclosure: Sponsored*. The views shared are solely Author only. The author doesn’t claim to be an expert. Never use a medicine for cold on kids who are less than 4 years old without a pediatrician’s consultation.
DISCLAIMER: The content in this post is purely meant for educational purpose only and not to be substituted for professional advice.