Children are fussy eaters when it comes to nutrition rich food. Whether it’s a long day in school, hitting the sports session, they always prefer to fuel it up with sugary snacks. Nutrition is the last thing on their mind and they only want a tasty snack after a tiring day. It’s the responsibility of a parent to limit intake of sugar and snacks like a burger, pizza, Maggie, chips etc. You have to ensure eat right rich in plenty of essential nutrients such as protein and no junk makes it to your child’s plate. Since snacks are an important part of your child’s diet but the quality of the snack is equally important.
According to research, protein-rich food, increase the production of hunger-fighting hormones. Sources of lean protein like soy protein, sources of healthy fats like avocados, and sources of carbohydrates like oats, make a healthy, balanced snack for your child.
Why you should introduce High Protein Snacks?
Being woman it’s not easy to balance work and multiple schedules together. You may often struggle to make a nutritional meal for your kid. And it’s a balance between health and taste while planning snacks for kids and often taste wins the battle. It’s important to create snacks that are tasty and fun.
As I already discussed the importance of protein for kids, soy is high quality, a complete protein required during their growth years. It is low in saturated fat, cholesterol-free, and is lactose-free which makes it important for healthy growth and development. The PDCAAS of soy protein is 1.00, which indicates that Soy is a high-quality protein, containing all of the essential amino acids to support healthy growth and development.
High Protein Snacks Kids Love
You can try soy-enhanced foods that will help save on time and efforts. It’s important to incorporate healthy eating patterns in growing years helps to turn them into healthy adults. By introducing soy protein early in life not only add variety and nutritive value to children’s diets but they will enjoy having them. At the same time, it will keep them full and energized during school hours, sports session etc.
Soy protein is now available in a variety of foods like puffs, nutrition bars, cereals, meat substitutes, smoothies and shakes and these can easily fit into this diet. With these products, your children can enjoy heart-healthy lean protein without compromising on taste or efforts. You can try some of these snack choices, but don’t overdo it.
Oats and Soya Pancakes:
Here’s a great recipe, that will be loved by kids.
- 1 tablespoon of soy flour
- 1/3 cup bananas.
- Make the batter using all the ingredients. Pour the batter on a pan.
- Let the pancake cook. Serve with some sweet and sticky honey.
Soy Milk Smoothie:
- 1 cup Soy milk
- 1 cup Strawberries
- Greek yogurt (optional)
- In a food processor, blend all ingredients together and Serve the smoothie.
Italian Pasta with Tofu:
- 1 cup pasta
- 1 cup mix veggies (zucchini, red bell pepper, carrots, red onions, and grape tomatoes)
- Oil 1tbsp
- Cook pasta. Toss the veggies in oil and cook till it softens. Add pasta to veggies and mix well.
- In a blender combine the tofu and Italian dressing until smooth.
- Add this dressing over the pasta and toss to mix well. Serve hot.
Cinnamon Rolls with soy protein
- 1 Tbsp shortening
- 3 Tbsp Plain yogurt
- 1 Cup whole wheat flour
- 1/3 Cup white flour
- 1/4 Cup soy protein isolate (unflavored)
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/3 cup milk
Filling: 1/3 c brown sugar, Cinnamon to taste
- Make dough using the ingredients. Roll the dough and Sprinkle brown sugar and cinnamon over the dough.
- Roll up the dough like a Jelly Roll, cut into slices. And Bake 15-20 minutes at 400 degrees. Serve hot.
Disclosure: The views shared are solely Author only.
DISCLAIMER: The views expressed in the blog content are independent and unbiased views of solely the blogger. The content is meant for educational purpose only. One should consult the expert for any related information.