Every next woman is independent, working and confident. You must be working hard to be successful in your career. The day you know about your pregnancy you must be in two in two situations. What yo do now? Should I quit my job or continue? How to balance between work and my pregnancy.
You must be working hard at your 8 hourly jobs, but in between don’t ignore the 24*7 job of keeping your baby healthy and safe. Keeping these points in mind, We are discussing some Quick measures of Staying Safe and healthy on the Job During Pregnancy. And how to make the right choice that’ll be good for you and your baby health.
What kind of jobs can be risky during pregnancy?
Since the woman is exploring their talents in various fields and so most of you are working in the different working environment from the normal jobs. You may be working in the following task:
– [x] Factory or manufacturing jobs where you need to operate dangerous machinery.
– [x] Working in chemical factories that can lead you to exposure to harmful chemicals like lead, arsenic, excessive exposure to carbon dioxide.
– [x] Employed in a strenuous job where physical work like heavy lifting, standing on feet, physical exertion involved.
– [x] Job in health care sector like Physician, nurses, lab technician where you get exposure to the virus, bacterias, chemicals in contact with patients, while performing medical procedures or lab test like X-rays etc.
– [x] Working where you deal with animals can expose you to infectious diseases.
What are the effects of these jobs on you and your baby health?
These kind of Jobs can lead to various kind of effects and can be harmful for you and your baby. Some of you may prone to diseases or allergic condition. This can also increase your risks of miscarriage, preterm delivery, Intra uterine growth retardation (IUGR) and stillbirth.
What are the preventive measures to keep you and baby safe?
Indeed problems associated with job can be easily avoided with proper safety measures and modifications of duties.
First thing that I suggest to you is, If any of the above discuss task are part of your job description then you should talk with your doctor about it’s risk in details. Then if it’s harmful for your pregnancy period inform your employer about this and ask for transfer to the more safe department during your maternity period.
Take all safety measures while working like wearing gloves, protective mask, washing hands thoroughly etc.
What are the problems associated with 9 to 5 desk job?
Apart of above discuss jobs, many of us are employed in normal 9 to 5 desk task. And, working continuously sitting in the same position can lead to physical strains. You may also have to work on computers on long hours.
All these can cause neck stiffness, eyestrain, wrist tenderness, headaches and backaches. Since being pregnant you are already dealing with these conditions. Although they don’t cause any harm to your baby but you might get uncomfortable.
How to avoid these physical strains?
I know that You must be knowing some tips I’m discussing here. Point is that you must learn to follow them regularly. These Quick measures help you in Staying Safe and healthy on the Job During Pregnancy
– [x] Make your chair comfortable the way you feel like putting cushion at the back etc.
– [x] Keep your feet up with the help of small stool. This will keep your legs free from swelling.
– [x] Take a break- At regular intervals standup and work around. This will allow blood circulation and you may not feel numbness, sensitivity in limbs. Stretch your neck, shoulder, limbs while sitting frequently.
– [x] While working on computers keep your hand lower than elbows and wrist straight, wear computer spectacles, use soft touch keyboards.
So Analyse your task on the basis above given points and do tell me about how are you Staying Safe and healthy on the Job During Pregnancy
- DISCLAIMER: The content in this post is purely meant for educational purpose only and not to be substituted for professional medical advice