In an age of overindulgence, this silky smooth onion and tomato gravy with chickpeas nestling in it is a perennial favorite. This is so loved by the Indian community, that you can easily found in every corner of India. Be it any occasion, festival or parties or day to day life, if you don’t want to cook can be easily found as most eatable street food.
There are many ways to cook Spicy Choley but the method I used to cook is easy and quick. There is no need to add gazillion ingredients and complicate this recipe. You just need to chop onion, ginger, and garlic finely. Trust me you will be overwhelmed when you munch this up with hot buttered nan or bhatura or jeera rice.
Here is a simple step by step recipe that will definitely activate your taste buds.
Spicy Choley Recipe
- 1. Chick Peas 250 gms
- 2. Ghee 50 gms
- 3. Tea Leaves 50 gms
- 4. Chopped Onions 100 gms
- 5. Chopped Tomatoes 100 gms
- 6 Chopped Ginger 20 gms
- 7. Slit Green Chillies 10 gms
- 8 Cumin Powder 10 gms
- 9 Coriander Powder 10 gms
- 10 Amchur Powder 10 gms
- 11 Red Chilli Powder 10 gms
- 12 Garam Masala 10 gms
- 13 Corriander – Freshly Chopped 20 gms
- 14 Saunf Powder 10 gms
- 15 Chaat Masala 20 gms
- 16 Salt To Taste
- 17 Kasturi Methi 10 gms
Preparation Method Spicy Choley Recipe:
- Boiled the overnight soaked Chickpeas with tea bags. Strain the chickpeas & reserve the stock.
2. In a pot add chickpeas, Green chili, Ginger, Onion, Tomato, Green Coriander, Raw mango powder(Amchur), Fennel Powder, Coriander powder,Red Chilli powder, Garam Masala Powder ,Chana Masala , Roasted cumin powder , Finally add Black Salt & mix well the whole mixture.
3. In another pan heat Ghee ( Tip : till it become boiling hot or smoky) & Once boiled add this Ghee to the chickpeas mixture along with a bit of water & stir well .Cover the lid & allowed to cook on low flame for 10-15minutes.
4. Add kasuri methi and SPICY CHOLEY RECIPE are ready to serve.