In this PolyCystic Ovarian Syndrome ( PCOS ) Series we will discuss its causes, factors, its effects & its possible treatments
PolyCystic Ovarian Syndrome commonly known as PCOS occurs due to hormonal imbalances that introduced women to have a variety of Symptoms.
Occurrence of PolyCystic Ovarian Syndrome ( PCOS )
Symptoms of PolyCystic Ovarian Syndrome ( PCOS )
- Primary Amenorrhea ( delay of Normal menstruation )
- Oligomenorrhoea ( Presence of less than normal menstrual cycle or less duration )
- Secondary Amenorrhea ( absence of menstruation for more than 3 months )
- Anovulatory Cycles ( Absence of ovulation in menstrual cycles, resulting in heavy bleeding )
- Weight Gain or Obesity
- Elevated Insulin levels and Insulin Resistance
- Multiple small cysts in ovaries
- Elevated Blood Pressure
- High Cholesterol levels
PolyCystic Ovarian Syndrome ( PCOS ) at a Glance
- PolyCystic Ovarian Syndrome ( PCOS ) is an illness characterized by irregular or absence of menstrual periods, acne, weight gain and excessive hair growth.
- Women with PCOS are at higher risk for diabetes, High blood pressure, heart disease, obesity.
- The Ideal treatment can only subside the effects of PCOS