How to make Lamb Chops – lamb chops cooked with yogurt and a spicy masala.
These chops make a great appetiser. Usually 2 chops per person is enough.
Serve with pickles and a wedge of lemon.
The marinade is great for barbecues too!
A spicy lamb chop recipe that is easy to prepare and tastes incredible!
Lamb chop recipe
- Taste : Spicy
- Level Of Cooking : Easy
- Serve : 4
- Cook time : 26-30 minutes
- Prep Time : 16-20 minutes
- Course : Main Course Mutton,Appetiser
- Cuisine : Indian
- Main Ingredients : Lamb Chops
- Lamb Chops 1 kg (10-12 Pieces)
- Ginger Garlic Paste 1 tbsp
- Salt as per taste
- Yogurt 1/2 cup
- Red Chillies (crushed) 1 tbsp
- Whole Coriander(ground) 1 tbsp
- Cumin Seeds (ground) 1 tsp
- Whole Garam Masala powder 1 tbsp
- Big Cardamom 1
- Small Cardamom 4-5
- Refined oil 1/2 cup
- Raw papaya paste (250gms)Garnish:
- Green Chillies (chopped) 3-4
- Fresh Coriander (chopped) 1/2 bunch
- Ginger (julienne) 1 inch Piece
- Marinate chops with the papaya paste for about 1-2hr
- Grind whole garam masala with big and small cardamom seeds.
- Add salt, ginger garlic paste, red chilli, coriander, cumin,garam masala,refined oil and yogurt and mix well.
- Marinate chops with the yogurt paste for 20-25 minutes.
- In a pot, cook the chops on high heat with for 2-3 minutes.
- Then lower the heat and cook until cops are fully tender.
- Cook well until oil separates.