Today’s busy life & fast workspace silently molded our daily routine habits & it shifts from etiquette to adjust according to our mood, body & time. I often eat up Lunch/dinner at my desk when I am at work or on my couch when at home. I have never given much thought to when or where I eat, but a recent brush with Yoga grooming classes has switched on the Red button & force me to rethink the type of environment I eat in and how it affects on my wellbeing. So let’s explore the ways for EAT TO BEAT STRESS!!
How EAT TO BEAT STRESS?
I got to collect valuable Lesson to change our environment while we eat. It’s assumed by Yoga Practices that the environment in which you eat affects your health. Changing your eating environment is not so easy as we all are busy and munch up on the go, but it’s also not impossible. You can practice small tips by which you can relax up your eating environment and make it stress-free So, let’s EAT TO BEAT STRESS!!
How stress affects our eating, and how simple changes can make an impact?
While having dinner, you have an argument with your loved ones, and your appetite vanishes away. That moment you realize how important is to have dinner in a good environment. And a little stress would not only spoil your mood but also reduces your digestion. A comfortable environment is very important for proper digestion.
According to Unani, Eating in a stressful environment, the sympathetic nervous system activates which will slow down the appetite, release stress hormones into the blood circulatory system. These hormones reach the digestive tract and slow down the digestion. Whether you are healthy, stressful environment loss your appetite disturbs your digestion, gas and bloating of abdomen, acid reflux, constipation etc.
Having a meal in the peaceful environment, whether your group of friends or in a cozy corner of your house. This comfort introduced the peace of mind, relaxes our nervous system and improves digestion.
How to Set up a positive environment to EAT TO BEAT STRESS!!
Whether at home or at work, just a few simple changes can create a positive eating environment, sure to satisfy your palate, create ease in your belly, and in your mind.
- Set up the table in inviting way with the help of attractive mats, candles, and fresh flowers. The pleasing setup will attract you to the table to sit and appreciate each bite.
- Shut down all the distractions like your favorite T.V.show, all social media channels. Wait until after eating to catch them up.
- Focus your attention on the color, aroma, taste, and texture of your meal.
- Try a meal alone in the silent environment.
- If its good weather, set up your lunch outside in your garden, set up a table by the window and focus your attention on nature & enjoy trees, flowerbeds, vibrant sky.
- Before eating, You can sweep away all the pressure from the workday by taking relaxing breaths. Sit erect and close eyes. Inhale deeply through your nose and exhale through your mouth. This short pause can ease the mind, and relax the belly.
- Gazing at nature fills the mind with a positive note! By Placing a small plant in your dining area you can introduce the soothing element of nature.
Try these tricks for enjoying a relaxing, mindful meal. The big takeaways here are that you should attempt to create a relaxed environment while you eat, even if you only have five minutes to do so.