Research has shown that the symptoms of diabetes can be managed or even minimized by correcting certain lifestyle habits :
- Eat a complex carbohydrates low fat , high fibre diet including plenty of raw fruits and vegetables as well as fresh vegetable Juices . This reduces the need for insulin and also lowers the level of fats in the blood. Fibre helps reduce blood sugar surges.
- Avoid saturated fats and simple sugar ( except when necessary to balance an insulin reaction ) . Eat more carbohydrates or reduce your insulin dosage before exercise. Exercise produces an insulin like effect in the body.
- Get your protein intake from vegetable sources such as legumes and grains . Fish and low fat dairy products are also acceptable sources of protein.
- Avoid processed foods.
- Wearing safe and comfortable footwear is absolutely essential. Keep your feet clean , dry and warm . Lack of oxygen because of poor circulation can lead to nerve damage and perhaps even diabetic foot ulcers.
- Avoid tobacco in any form , it constricts the blood vessels and inhibits circulation. Consume alcohol in moderation ( not more than 90 ml per week )
- Avoid health supplements containing cysteine , vitamin B1 , C and fish oil capsules.
- Sleep for preferably 7 or more hours for the body systems to settle down and rest. This will lower your diabetes problems , I.e. Blood sugar levels and improve your blood.
Note : These health tips is based on relevant research and for indication purpose only . Kindly concern your Doctor before following these tips.
You can also read my another post on Diabetes