Studies have shown that the symptoms of diabetes can be balanced or even minimized by improving our lifestyle habits:
- Eat a complex carbohydrates low fat, high fibre diet including plenty of raw fruits and vegetables as well as fresh vegetable Juices. This reduces the need for insulin and also lowers the level of fats in the blood. Fibre helps reduce blood sugar surges.
- Avoid saturated fats and simple sugar ( except when necessary to balance an insulin reaction ). Eat more carbohydrates or reduce your insulin dosage before exercise. Exercise produces an insulin-like effect in the body.
- Get your protein intake from vegetable sources such as legumes and grains. Fish and low-fat dairy products are also acceptable sources of protein.
- Avoid processed foods.
- Wearing safe and comfortable footwear is absolutely essential. Keep your feet clean, dry and warm. Lack of oxygen because of poor circulation can lead to nerve damage and perhaps even diabetic foot ulcers.
- Avoid tobacco in any form, it constricts the blood vessels and inhibits circulation. Consume alcohol in moderation ( not more than 90 ml per week )
- Avoid health supplements containing cysteine, vitamin B1, C and fish oil capsules. You can go for Alpha Lipoic Acid health supplements after concerning from your doctor.
- Sleep for preferably 7 or more hours for the body systems to settle down and rest. This will lower your diabetes problems, I.e. Blood sugar levels and improve your blood.
Note: These health tips are based on relevant research and for indication purpose only. Kindly concern your Doctor before following these tips.
You can also read my another post on liposuction for Diabetes – New hopes for them.