Don’t let anyone tell you otherwise: making your own chicken stock recipe is a snap. You don’t need to fret about exact quantities of vegetables or hoarding chicken bones in your freezer. You can make stock as soon as you finish roasting a bird using whatever vegetables are in your fridge. No matter what, it’s guaranteed to beat anything you buy at the store!
CHICKEN STOCK RECIPE
- Chicken bones – 200 grams
- Bay leaf – 1
- Cinnamon – 1
- Cloves – 4
- Black Pepper – 6
- Onion – 1
- Celery – 1 stalk
- Boil 4 cups of water in a pan.
- Add the bay leaf,black pepper,cloves,celery,cinnamon, chopped onions and mix.
- Add chicken bones and continue to boil.
- Remove the scum, which will come on the top. Simmer the stock for a minimum period of 20 minutes.
- Remove from heat, strain through a muslin cloth.
- Cool and store in a refrigerator till further use.